Saturday, January 13, 2018

The One Little Word Found Me



Today, I wanted to celebrate by writing about how my One Little Word found me.  I started off the new year wondering about my word...

others found theirs
shared them
and yet, I wondered more...

I

thought-



pondered-




explored-



still no ideas...


I gave it up.  to.  God.

I prayed that I would find my word and just got going with things I needed to accomplish.  One of the first things on my professional 2018 to do list was achieving Google Level 1 Certification.  I did it!  You can read more about that here.


Then I realized-(trumpet blast)!

I felt like I had laser focus on achieving this goal.  And then it hit me, "focus" played a role in achieving the goal.  And that's how "Focus" found me.

Hello Focus!  My One Little Word for 2018.  I've had OLWs in the past (like, Listen, Balance and Believe).  These were all helpful.  I hope that Focus will serve me well for 2018.


Here's more about my One Little Word that's firmly planted in my brain:


Focus


  • visual thesaurus

from https://www.visualthesaurus.com
where you can plug in a word and see how it connects

  • defined

via google omnibox


  • word clouded
created using WordArt.com


I pray that this word can help guide me like a compass and be my true north for 2018.  I am grateful for it finding me.  I will use it to:


  • grow my relationships, nurturing them just like the flowers I see in my garden, adding what I believe to be the right ingredients to flourish

  • inspire me professionally as a leader, teacher, and learner

  • help my path of positivity and help me avoid distractions


I know I have room to grow in the process of staying focused and I believe in my heart I can make this happen.

What have you chosen for your OLW this year?


6 comments:

Julieanne said...

Congrats on finding that word. Focus sounds like it is a perfect fit for your year.

Gigi McAllister said...

Focus is a great OLW nd one that I considered myself for this year. I went with another that you also listed, balance. Here’s to a great year of focusing on what is important and balancing it all. ��

Linda B said...

Love all that you shared about "focus", Amy and because I read that earlier post, too, I see that this word works for you beautifully! Have a terrific year with your word!

Leigh Anne Eck said...

Focus is a great word. One I could do more of myself! Congrats on accomplishing your Google goal! Here is to a year of focusing!

Crystal said...

What a helpful word. I am re-using my word from a few years ago - breathe. I have a bracelet a friend gave me with that word on it. I have started doing yoga again and having that reminder to breathe - especially when I am stressed - is wonderful.

Julie Johnson said...

Doesn't it feel good to know your word? I hope your word guides you to new and great things.