Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Conversations on Corona Virus Impact and How to Support Self Care

Yesterday, I was able to hop on a virtual meeting with other coaches from around the US.  We talked about ways instructional coaches can support teachers.

I know self-care is critical at this time.  There are feelings of stress, pressure and sadness as we witness the warpath of the virus and how it's wrestling people for their lives.  It's tough to take.

Teachers are holding their own learning, doing and trying to stay positive for families and students.  I witnessed a tearful moment today as I watched my daughter's school teachers drive through the neighborhood beeping horns and showing signs that said, "we love you" and "we miss you".  Well, we love you and miss you too...my heart was in my throat! I choked back the tears but they came anyway.

I worry about teachers.  I want to help but how?  What's the best way?  Dr. Brad Johnson shared a wonderful meme earlier in the week.
 

I thought about how I could help teachers with a focus on self-care.  So, I created a self care bingo board.  I wanted to add this cheerful message:
 
and create a video to introduce the self care board along with incentives for completion without it feeling like one more thing to do.
header created using Canva
I hope it's seen as a way to support teachers.  What do you think?  Helpful or harmful?

No comments: