Friday, May 17, 2019

I Promise School Year 1-Lights Out

I heard it over and over:  “I can’t believe it’s the last day!” “I don’t want it to end.” and “I don’t want to go home.”

I saw tears streaming from children’s eyes as they said goodbye when the buses rolled down the lane toward the street.  They were hanging out the windows waving.  The buses were honking...we were waving back, choking back the tears...

Many smiled, some sobbed few were hysterical...it was a beautiful summer send off-one I’ll always remember as we ended our inaugural year at the I Promise School.

I feel so blessed to be a part of this opportunity to connect with pupils, people and partner organizations at our school.  There’s no place like home.  Our lights are now out for the summertime but we’ll be back home soon.

No comments: