Saturday, April 15, 2023

Place-based Education and My University Class

 The Fall of 2022 was a busy time for me.  I had the opportunity to lead a group of undergraduates in a new class called "Teaching Social Studies for Primary Teachers".  It was truly and amazing opportunity to learn and grow as a professional educator.  I truly enjoyed learning with my scholars.  They showed so much perseverance and learning each week in class.

I arranged for them to have a special opportunity to make a connection with experiential learning and place based education.  We toured Stan Hywet estate and participated in quests to learn about how they involve learners from the community to gain a historic perspective of the estate.  The students gained much knowledge about the history and impact created by the FA Seiberling family.  A special shout out to Toivo Motter and his willingness to help us grow and learn about the estate.








No comments: